Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bitter Sweet Moments

Monday morning I left for home from my practicum site, I started my car turned on my radio to my favorite country station. I pulled out of the parking lot when, the song came on hitting me like a fist to the stomach. My Wish by Rascal Flats, Mom song, the one we played at my brothers funeral. Even though its been five years I'm still surprised by how with one song can bring back the wonderful memories I shared and could have shared with him. When I pulled into the drive I waited in the car until the song was over. Memories of the day of the accident and his funeral ran though my mind, I wiped away a tear got out of my car. I then look at what I have accomplished and know he would have been proud. A small ray of sunshine peaks through the cloudy sky, it warmed me up. Now I am ready for the rest of the day. It was a bittersweet moment, he may not be here in person but no matter where I go I still have his memory.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see this post last week. I agree, it is pretty amazing how a song can bring back a flood of memories. I am glad that though it was hard to think about, you were able to remember your brother because of the song and think about how he would have been proud of you.

    ReplyDelete